What did you do?
During the class on October 11 we
were working with the Common European Framework of Reference, which are
standards used not only in Spain and which is used to measure the level of
comprehension and oral and written expression in a given language. We had to do
an activity in which following the CEFR we had to describe our own level of
English.
In addition, we also had time to
look at a section of the web "www.juntadeandalucia.es" called
"PEL activities" where there are many activities divided into
languages and levels that can be very useful to prepare syllabus.
What did you learn?
I learned about the Europass, which
are documents that help us to present our skills and qualifications in a simple
and understandable way throughout Europe.
Also, I learned what PEL is, which
is a personal document, or otherwise called a digital portfolio. It is enhanced
by the Council of Europe, where users who are learning a language can write
their learning experiences, reflections and self-evaluation using CEFR
parameters.
The Flipped Classroom app was also
briefly mentioned. This app is very useful since we can find videos of all the
contents that are given in primary, of all subjects. Not only English, but also
math, science, music, etc.
What is your opinion?
I think that some teachers who
evaluate official language exams do not consider the descriptions of the
different CEFR levels. This can generally go against the students who are being
evaluated, as they may require more than they should for a certain level.
Also, I think it is very important
that we must protect languages, not only Spanish, English or French, but also
the most minority or what could be extinguished. We as future teachers have the mission to
encourage our students the importance of learning languages, the benefits and
experiences of study abroad, etc.
From the class of this day, what I
found most interesting was the conversation about how to present the final
project and also the advice that our teacher gave us about the state exams. I also
very much appreciate the help offered to create our Europass, since if we want
to find work abroad it will be very important and useful to have a good one.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario